Arthur Cheese Festival
Dates: 08/30/2014 - 09/01/2014
Times: 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
Say "cheese" and you will be doing more than smiling at the annual Arthur Cheese Festival
. This annual 3-day event attracts tens of thousands every year, with its focus on cheese, a product of the Amish community.
It's a festival. It has games games for just kids, sidewalk sales, a variety of vendor stands with crafts and collectables, food, street performances, and music for the adults.
The festival features several interesting diversions including:
- Free samples given away at different times during the festival
- Blocks of cheese given to selected individuals
- A nationally recognized Cheese Eating Contest. Youth division is 12 years-old and under. Adults are over 13. The contest will determine the National Cheese Eating National Championship. The contest centers on a one pound block of Colby cheese, a bottle of water as a chaser, and a timer. The first to eat it all or the one with the most eaten in 5 minutes will be crowned the champion. Only the first 36 contestants are allowed in each age class.
- Win a World title in the International Cheese Curling Championships. Family and kids divisions in this event.
- A friendly human-sized mouse that entertains everyone